Friday, May 12, 2006

It's that time of the year we have all been dreading. Brains, exams, packing (x2) and gorgeous weather. We're literally counting down the minutes now. Highlights of the week have included listening to Roberta Bondar lecture our class on eye movements in space and doing the eye exam on ourselves, which involved dilating peoples pupils and making them look funny. Roberta was pretty amazing, a great speaker and funny. My eye is still dilated (big) and so my vision is a bit off right now. But I got to see inside other people's eyes, and that was cool, so no complaints. You can actually see the nerve head at the back of the eye with all the blood vessels coursing around. The picture above is of me looking at the front (cornea, iris and pupil) of Joanna's eye.

Look closely at the eye on the left compared to that on the right.

So in the next two and a half weeks I have to:
-study for three exams
-write three exams
-pack up my apartment
-move into my new apartment
-set up the new apartment for the subletters
-pack for 10 weeks in Cambodia
-design a survey for my research project in Cambodia (background reading would ideally be completed before this was written, it ain't going to happen)
-throw a kick-ass party

Last, but certainly not least, it's time for those of us who knew Timmy (aka TimBit) to say goodbye. My poor diabetic cat took a turn for the worse and had to be put down earlier this week. For those of you who truly knew him, you will be happy to know he went out purring. Poor cat never knew who to trust.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!

Sounds like you're off to the races, as per usual :) I hope that you had a great year and, by the sounds of it, you're really taken with school...the pic of your funky eyes was a little psycho though!!! LOL

I look forward to hearing about your work in Cambodia. Not sure what to say except good luck?!

All the best! Love, Lins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home